HybridZ

Need help figguring out wich ECM should be used

Whoops, I missed the automatic part. That makes it difficult.

If your timing is close and you have strong spark and the valves are opening and closing, starting fluid should get you a short burst of power. It sounds like your problem now is too much fuel. You described flooding, with soaked spark plugs. You might try drying the plugs out, then hitting it with the starting fluid before the next starting attempt. If it starts but then chokes on fuel and dies, at least you'll know everything is working, but with too much of the fuel part of the equation. You could even disconnect the injectors to avoid flooding, and fouling the plugs, entirely. If it starts and runs, then you can focus on the too much fuel problem alone.

The injectors are held open for certain amounts of time depending on a list of factors, including how far open the AFM flap is, where the throttle blade is (TPS), how warm the engine is (water temperature sensor), air temperature, etc. A stuck or shorted TPS (showing WOT to the ECU), broken temperature circuit (showing a stone cold engine), or a stuck AFM flap (showing lots of air when there's little) are some of the causes I've seen described for extra fuel. CSVs have been known to get stuck also.

Good luck.

Edit - you said it's in a barn. Mice love to crawl up those long plastic air ducts to build their nests. I've seen nests in the air filter housings of a Buick, and the blower motor of a 78 280Z. Might be worth pulling the air inlet hoses from the AFM to make sure it's all clear in there, and the AFM vane moves freely.

Edited by NewZed