HybridZ

280zx turbo swap

Okay well short story, Swapped in a L28ET. Got the car running decent, started every time and pulled pretty good. Now sometimes when I go to start the car after its been sitting a while it wont start at all. Pull the wire ground it, no spark. At the same time the tach does not jump. So I pretty much think its the CAS. Anyway I go on ahead and replace it with another one that I had car fired right up and gave me no problems. Drove it like that for three days and no problems. I go camping for the weekend then come back and the same problems persist now. Car wont start or I have to fiddle with things to get it to start. I figured I had fixed the problem with the CAS. It did do this too, tach would all of a sudden start shooting around as I was driving. or the car would just die as the clutch is still out in gear no tach.

I figures theres only three real problem areas..

CAS

Ignitor

ECU

I have replaced the CAS and ignitor already from spare parts I had. Although if anyone else has any other ideas or similar experiences to share that would be great.

Thanks

Edited by abc_was_here

Mine had a similar problem where it would randomly die, but mostly when it got hot. I changed the distributor with a spare I had and that fixed it for a while, but the problem returned. After much troubleshooting with a multi meter, it turns out the short harness from the distributor to the main engine harness was bad. Changed that and the issue went away. Hope that helps some.