HybridZ

L28e in 78 280z (not techinical)

NickA

I'm not looking for how difficult it would be because as far as I know it would basically be like putting in another L28, but I am wondering if it would hurt the price of the car compared to the car with the original 186,000 mile engine that (sometimes) makes an ugly engine noise.

I THINK this was the right part of the forum to post this in. If I'm wrong I will gladly move my question somewhere else.

Thanks!

Nick

O, I wasn't saying that because I thought the # matching would mean anything. I only asked because I thought maybe the difference between an l28 and l28e might matter to people.

Thanks for the reply

Edited by NickA

Really? Oops! lol I guess that is my mistake. We may not be swapping now because I think we finally figured out our problem(after having it all summer). I'm wondering, though, if it would be appropriate to post asking how much I could sell my car for if I'm not a donating member? I know I can't post to sell and there is a pretty close relation between the two.

These cars are by no means collectors so I doubt anyone would care for #s matching when you sell it. I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention whether or not it was when trying to sell one either.

They may not be collectors' items right now, but that will change

On nissan motors, the E just indicates electronic fuel injection. If you're looking to maximize the value of the car, concentrate on the integrity of the chassis and body. A solid, rust free car is much more disirable than what is under the hood for the most part. If the motor runs without issue, you should be fine, although a good rebuild will always help sell.

It's definitely solid. next to rust free(just a spot of surface rust that i think i can fix myself, very very small), but it is a 2+2 automatic so it might be harder to sell...thanks for the info guys. I really appreciate it