HybridZ

240z Build - SR20DET - The New Thread - Long First Post

Thank you, sorry, I had a kid and haven't had the time to spend on the car... sleep is a priority!

There are the Diamond 15x10 4.5 BS all around and fit just fine with the Flares... They weigh a ton though, so be warned.

I've been hitting up some meets and such, so here's a couple pics. I'm doing little things here or there, but nothing radical for a while.

fa5de101.jpg

ec70a278.jpg

[url=

Edited by TheMission

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing with the idea of a splitter, just for kicks really, so got this finally worked out. The pictures are horrible, as I finished too late tonight and it was raining outside, so I just took some garage pics, but I like how it turned out, especially for a DIY setup.

photobucket-18668-1338002260118.jpg

photobucket-14507-1338002246910.jpg

Yesterday I spent a few hours throwing in a 4.11 rear diff, as the 3.56 was not the right fit for the SR20DET and Vildini and other shops suggested getting closed to the 4.09 that came in the Silvia. It's a whole different beast now. Boost builds quick, as the rpms hop up super quick... It means I'm shifting out of first really rapidly, but it makes it up in 2nd and 3rd with really strong pulling. I was cruising at 65 in 4th with my old diff and it felt luggy, now it feels natural on the freeway and the ratio feels much more balanced to the engine.

I also finished up the front splitter and supports - Attached is a dirty pic, but shows my good first shot at it.

0a528f2d.jpg

• 3 months later...

I've been playing with the idea of a splitter, just for kicks really, so got this finally worked out. The pictures are horrible, as I finished too late tonight and it was raining outside, so I just took some garage pics, but I like how it turned out, especially for a DIY setup.

photobucket-18668-1338002260118.jpg

photobucket-14507-1338002246910.jpg

What did you use as a splitter and how far back did you go? I am still waiting to make one out of alumalite but haven't had the time just yet. I like how yours turned out though.

• 3 months later...

Sorry, I've been in hibernation mode for the last few months due to having another child and storing the Z for the winter...   I pulled the Z out as she'll be showing at the Portland International Auto Show next week in a special exhibit.   

The Splitter is 3/8ths ABS from TAP plastics, with longacre racing spoiler support rods.    I took the front valance off and laid it on cardboard and used a 5 inch circle with a hole in the middle to run along the edge of the valance and make my template...   I transferred and cut the plastic from there.    It's reinforced underneath with aluminum supports you can see in the following picks if you look in the grill area.

Here's a few more recent pics and the last one from www.natehasslerphotography.com, that's an outtake from a shoot that's slotted to run in a major magazine in the next few months.

photobucket-1580-1339782504463.jpg

photobucket-10914-1339440448738.jpg

a9d164f8.jpg

775078_479660138746944_2027287081_o_zpsc

Credit: Nate Hassler Photography

Edited by TheMission

• 1 year later...