HybridZ

ITB's for Triple Weber intake manifold.

19762802+2

Just was searching for some fuel injection for my beetle and found this.

http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=319

Here is a another site to compare prices for throttle bodies for our Z's.

http://www.racetep.com/ztripdcoe.html#twmtbod

They sell weber style 48mm throttle bodies with injector bosses already built in and I believe they would bolt on to a triple weber intake manifold with no problems. I know there are other options such as TWM throttle bodies which are basically the same design but I believe they are a bit more expensive (verfication on that?) Anyways I'm sure you could call them up and get three for around $800 and including the price of a triple intake manifold depending on how much you spend on that you could have ITB's for much cheaper then a Extruddabody set up at least possibly a TWM but I'm not sure on their price. ITB's on a triple intake with all for under $1500 (3 VW itb's, Megasquirt,Intake manifold.) sounds pretty appealing to me.

I'm not sure if there would be a difference since these are based on downdraft carbs instead of sidedraft carbs, I don't see why it would be too much of a problem? I could be wrong hopefully someone will chime in and give some advice.

I think I will be going this direction with my Datsun after I get my beetle motor built, what can I say I like ITB's and fuel injection. B)

Welcome to the world I came to Datsuns from...

Be careful with the VW Stuff, the DHLA and DRLA may or may not have the same bolt pattern. And when they talk 48mm, they are usually talking about Weber IDA Base Template---and that's WAY different than DCOE/DHLA/PHH/etc...