HybridZ

deleting auto trans l28et engine oil cooler

captken

Hello,

I do no want to use my engine oil cooler. I want to install my oil filter to the block. I have searched and cannot find an answer to my problem.

The threads to the block are M18 X 1.50 the threads to the oil filter are 3/4 X 16.

When you unscrew the sandwich adapter plate from the block you are left with a female M18 X 1.50 opening. This is where I want to install my oil filter. There is no nipple when you unscrew this adapter plate.

Where can I find an M18 X 1.50 to 3/4 X 16 adapter? I think the metric threads on the block will match up to an 02 sensor.

Can I use the adapter plate with modifications?

Here are some pictures of the plate and with the plate apart.

kenny.

post-2188-095114600 1316580607_thumb.jpg

post-2188-030196500 1316580644_thumb.jpg

post-2188-019790500 1316580679_thumb.jpg

post-2188-076648100 1316580718_thumb.jpg

post-2188-062995300 1316580759_thumb.jpg

Edited by captken

I thought you weren't supposed to do that because the bypass is on the adapter.

Well... Just make sure you use quality filters and do religious oil changes.

I've looped the lines on mine til I installed an oil cooler.

I've seen them new on eBay. I think I may have a extra if you don't mind waiting till later today for me to confirm...

Thanks, I went back to jy with a rag this time to use on the threads, I managed to get it off, only skinning one knuckle..

Someone posted a link to the ebay item on another forum where I had also posted. I checked it out, and honestly would have gone that route, if I'd known what it was called. It is called an "oil filter stud" for 7.95 plus shipping.

Less than the fuel cost to go get the part and the injury, pain cleaning the grease out of a skin wound.. :blink: lol

I plan on using the cooler later, I need to get it hot tanked and some new oil lines made, I am saving my money for something I need more right now. Instead of looping it, spending more money...the little odds and ends add up quick,

I'll just run it this way for now, and I will have learned something new.

kenny

Edited by captken