GReddy Profec B Spec 2 boost controller ~10 psi

Apexi Power intake

Nismo Single disk clutch

91 California octane fuel

Super Spark coil packs

3" straight through exhaust

Summit racing electric fuel pump

McKinney Motorsports Front Mounted Intercooler

Injectors and MAF are pretty much maxed out at this point.

Still has some issues but other then that its running a **** LOAD better then it was!

001.jpg

Ill get a vid up when I can.

Whatcha guys think?

You should be able to squeeze about 15hp more out of it at STOCK boost level. almost completely stock and only a SAFC II(so no timing correction available) I pushed 263 and 233 lbs of torque at the wheels. My intercooler was slightly bigger(than stock), and I had about 1.5' more intercooler piping and a 3" exhaust. I did that on a DynoJet. Stock intake manifold and all. Not bad though. Ive seen a lot worse. I drove in with with 194hp on the first run in 3rd.

Edited by rayaapp2

Looks good Jake. Sorry it's off topic but do u mind posting some pics of how u mounted and connected the mckiney intercooler. You could also pm me if you dont wanna clutter your thread. Ps can't wait to see the video.

There is a more cost effection option than the mkinney intercooler and its 4 inches thick and 33 inches in overall width. The intercooler core itself is 2 feet wide

Looks good Jake. Sorry it's off topic but do u mind posting some pics of how u mounted and connected the mckiney intercooler. You could also pm me if you dont wanna clutter your thread. Ps can't wait to see the video.

The trouble is it isnt mounted =p

And as for the cost effective option, I don't have tube bending or aluminum welding capabilities and after considering having the Z trailered to some shop, materials, and labor I said forget it and just got the McKinney one.

Also I still have a miss, tuner said he thinks the issue is the coil pack harness. So I have to play with that when I have time. Also need to fix my fuel system as the pump seems to pump air when it feels like it.

Edit:

Upon closer inspection, I am not running the correct spark plug nor the correct heat range. Gap seems to be ok at .28IN however. Right now I have BKR6EIX plugs on the car and they should be BCPR7EIX.

He said to check it and gave me the NGK part number I should be running but I never got around to it until now as Ive been busy. Ill have to pick up a set when I have the money x]

Edited by jakeoster

I run basic copper core NGK, 2 steps colder than stock(for 1 bar of boost), and .033" gap. Any smaller of a gap and I get a misfire, and any bigger than .037" and I get a misfire.

I have been running the NGK and Autolite as long as they are the basic copper cores.

I believe Champion is NGK re-badged so they can also be used as well if the local parts guy doesnt stock the basic NGK copper cores(as most do not these days). I have a shelf full of spark plugs just for the RB that I bought during my dyno runs.

I believe I ran Autolite 3922 at .035" on the dyno with good results.

Ray