HybridZ

adjustable fuel pressure regulator

I bought an AFPR for my '77 stock coupe. It doesn't hold the pressure and is a pain to restart when hot. Which ones hold the psi's? Aeromotive? or should I stay with stock FPR? Maybe put a check valve in the fuel line? But then it would go back through the return wouldn't it? Runs alot better at 40 to 42 psi instead of 36 from OE.

My old Aeromotive A1000-6 FPR did not hold pressure either and others have experienced the same with that and other aftermarket FPRs. I would always cycle the car ON and off (but not start it) to build up pressure in the line before starting.

My old Aeromotive A1000-6 FPR did not hold pressure either and others have experienced the same with that and other aftermarket FPRs. I would always cycle the car ON and off (but not start it) to build up pressure in the line before starting.

I have used Aeromotive regulators on about ten cars with no problems, but I have heard of them bleeding down. Seems like every brand has some bad ones out there.

Can you crush the stock one of make a restrictor orifice in the return line?