HybridZ

Why is it necessary to ground the fuel filter?

The corvette FPR has a grounding wire from the fuel filter cannister to the mount. I have the filter regulator and the fuel pump mounted on rubber insulators to try to reduce noice a little (wishful thinking?). So, in effect, the filter/regulator is not gounded. Do I need to do something about this, or am I ok? Why is a grounding wire needed anyway, static electricity? None of my metal fuel lines are grounded??

post-5903-010977600 1318758664_thumb.jpg

Fuel going thru the lines can create static electricity, which is why its there. If it were me I would go ahead and attach that strap to the car body somewhere since you have one. BTW, do you have a return line set up with your fuel pump? If not the pump will make alot of noise due to cavitation. Looks like your doing a really good job on the build-

• 3 months later...

The corvette FPR has a grounding wire from the fuel filter cannister to the mount. I have the filter regulator and the fuel pump mounted on rubber insulators to try to reduce noice a little (wishful thinking?). So, in effect, the filter/regulator is not gounded. Do I need to do something about this, or am I ok? Why is a grounding wire needed anyway, static electricity? None of my metal fuel lines are grounded??

What type of fitting did you use for the outlet of the fuel filter to be able to connect to the elbbow shown in the picture? And where did you get it? My set up is very similar to yours and I have been looking for a fitting like that.

When I bought my regulator/filter from Ebay, it came with that fitting (I was specifically looking for that combo). I then bought the Russell quick connect to AN adapters separately from Summit Racing.

Edited by ktm

All my fittings are from Speedwaymotors.com. Alainburon-I sent you a PM.

There is a big drawback to mounting the fuel pump in this location: If you want to run dual exhaust that turns toward the stock location for the muffler, all this fuel pump stuff is in the way. That is forcing me to use single exhaust prior to going under the rear suspension/diff.

Edited by RebekahsZ