HybridZ

sleeve coilover or complete S13 coilovers

Hey everyone im just wondering what is the main diffrence if any between using a sleeve coilover on a standered shock versus an S13 coilover. Beside having to install a top plate on the s13 what other advantages is their. Im asking because im thinking about my suspension setup these days.

Ultimately its what the tire feels and the tire doesn't car if there's a sleeve or not. What's far more important is the shock. I have yet to see any of these low buck S13 setup have shocks that are any better then the OEM shocks that came on the 240Z. Most are just crap.

Thats about what i had as an opinion. Sleeve coilovers just add ride height aspect. Im not saying if a brand like Tein or other high end S13 coilovers were doable i would consider but in the end im just thinking how many times im gonna adjust the height ? Since im not racing sleeves would do just fine. Thanks Johnc.

I came to the same conclusion through my research. My car now has sectioned struts, unmodified bilsteins, and 200/225 springs on coil over sleeves. I couldn't be much happier, maybe if the valving was a little more digressive, but I'd do it again.

It's FAR more comfortable than a good friend of mine's 240sx with Tein HA's, and has more grip. His seats are a lot better than mine too.