HybridZ

P79 head with SU's

Z Greek

Guys,

I am building a 3.1 liter engine for my 74 260Z. My goal is to make a decent amount of power, yet look as close to stock under the hood as possible. Research, internet shopping, etc., left me with the following combination:

N42 Block

VO7 Crank

KA24 pistons

P79 head

240Z rods, polished, balanced, shot peened, arp bolts

N36 intake

3 screw SU carbs

The head, and intake combo leads me to my topic. I did not like the looks of the injector "divots," in the top of the intake ports, so I welded them up. So, I end up with a head with round intake and round exhaust ports. Any off the shelf gasket I can get has the cutouts for the injectors, and of course does not have the correct holes for the N36 intake manifolds. I did not feel like punching a bunch of extra holes, and still not end up with a continuous sealing surface around my intake runners. Some internet research led me to Copper Gaskets Unlimited in Phoenix, AZ. He already had a pattern for a gasket using SU manifolds, but with rectangular exhaust ports. We spoke on the phone, and I sent him an example of a gasket with the round exhaust ports I desired. From the time he received my sample, to the time I received my gasket today, was 6 days!

Check out the pictures, I am thrilled with the results

post-20643-060589100 1318897258_thumb.jpg

post-20643-018930700 1318897362_thumb.jpg

If anyone is interested, the fellows name is:

Lani

Copper Gaskets Unlimited

www.coppergaskets.us

Price was very reasonable $55 plus shipping