HybridZ

MS2 maps

I want to know if any has any MS2 maps they can share for my set up.

Im running MS-II PCBv3

My set up is Stock L28et with P90 head and N42 manifold

-T3/T4 hybrid turbo

-MSD 2225 electric fuel pump

-upgraded fuel rail

-240sx TB

-Arizona Z TB spacer

-CX racing FMIC

-3 inch exhaust

-Stock distributor with Z31 module

-injectors are 450cc at 38psi, 480cc at 43.5psi (3bar)or 500cc at 47psi

I have some files from the map sharing post or other old post (like metro's, raven's and ninner's)but seems like all the maps are for MS1

Im thinking of using ninner's but he has MSD 6al witch might be the only difference.

any help would be appreciated, Its about time to get my Z running and driving.

Thanks guys!

unfortunetly I dont have a wideband. Im building on a budget and I think I just about squeezed every penny on this project for now. I need to fix the Tranny on my TT its kind of a priority since I actually drive it to meets, carshows and the track. after I take care of that then I can caugh up the money for a wideband.

Any suggestions, advise or help would really be appreciated.

Just copy a VE and Spark map that is close to your setup and get it running. For the Spark map, take 5 degrees out of it Above 2500rpm, and start things off from there. If you don't have a wideband your going to have to tune it while driving. Charge your laptop battery, fill it up with fuel, and bring someone with you to change the VE bins and don't mash the gas pedal. Start off with easy acceleration runs. Save all the changes before your laptop battery goes too low.

You will be doing this all weekend. :o)

Enjoy

The benefit of buying the full version of tunerstudio is: VE Analyze Live. This will allow you to make an AFR table, where you want your AFRs to be throughout your RPM/Manifold Pressure range, and then turn on VE Analyze Live and it will basically tune itself.

My setup is pretty similar to yours (same turbo, LC1 O2 sensor, 437 cc/min injectors, but Isky turbo cam probably is different) so I'll attach 4 tables that can help you get started. The first three, VE, AFR, and Ignition are pretty obvious. The fourth is needed for the VE Analyze Live feature. Basically this tells TS how much delay there is between a combustion event and when those exhaust gasses reach the O2 sensor. By trial and error I've arrived at this chart. My O2 sensor is mounted on the underside of the downtube near the bottom to get it away from the hot turbo. If you've got the sensor closer, you may need to shorten these times.

A note on the VE table: Req fuel is 7 ms for my setup, but I run with half that (3.5 ms) which doubles all the values in the VE table making it easier to tune at low pulse widths such as idle. You will need to scale the table to whatever Req fuel you choose to run.

Edit: Since all the VE values are 2x, you should enter half your calculated Req fuel in the top box.

Another note: before you spend much time tuning, make sure you load the correct injector dead time. changing this later will change the entire VE table, especially for cells with smaller VE values where dead time is a large portion of the total injector PW. If you don't know what the dead time is, read the manual for MS/Extra where it explains how it works and gives recommendations for low and high impedance. If you want to measure it yourself but don't have an oscilloscope with current probe (who does?) you can follow this method. Get the idle tuned so it's stable, both rpm and AFR. Then alternate between 2 and 6 alternating squirts. When you have the correct dead time, the AFR will be the same for both. Be careful of heat soak of the IAT - I'd recommend doing this on a cool day with the hood open.

Once you have the dead time set, you can use the VE Analyze Live feature to autotune while you drive. It works amazing well - assuming you have reasonable values for Lambda Delay. Otherwise you'll see some strange changes in the lower half of the VE table, especially in the lower left corner.

And one more word of caution - be careful about running much boost until you know you have everything sorted. It won't take much detonation at high boost to break something. I highly recommend running a knock sensor, such as Knocksense. Even if you don't integrate with MS, it will flash an LED whenever it detects detonation. Including the sensor it's about $100. Consider it cheap insurance.

Daniel's MS tables 2011-10-24.zip

Edited by Zmanco

Within TS you can import and export tables. For example, open the VE table and look at the green arrows on the top row. Hover the mouse over them and they will tell you which is import and export. Use the import function to load the VE table I provided. You can do the same for the others too.

Note: I corrected the instructions above for Req fuel. Use the calculator in TS to determine Req fuel and then divide by 2 and you can use the VE table as-is.