HybridZ

Outrageous Moving Violations As Always

getoffmyinternet

Not in the DMV Handbook  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Did you know that if you rent a little u-haul box truck you automatically have to stop at all weighing stations or it's a misdemeanor?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not weather you are capable of driving while reading the newspaper and eating your coffie and doughnut. The point is you are a better driver when you have no distractions, forgive me if I want safer roads to drive on. I say ticket the idiot on the cell phone, or the dumb blonde putting on makeup in the rear view mirror.

It is whether you are capable. I think the point Tony is making is that he could go his entire life driving while on his cell phone and never get into an accident because of it. Whether or not it would have otherwise been safer is moot. You should not get a ticket for something you're capable of doing harmlessly.

It is whether you are capable. I think the point Tony is making is that he could go his entire life driving while on his cell phone and never get into an accident because of it. Whether or not it would have otherwise been safer is moot. You should not get a ticket for something you're capable of doing harmlessly.

So should we pay LEOs to pull someone over and judge if they are capable of talking on their cell phones while driving? How do you test for this? How do you make a reliable test for this?

Um, you don't. That's the point.

Why is it that the endgame is always presumed first and then a million questions are asked about how to get there? The endgame should not be judge everyone and punish them accordingly based on our own set of rules. Talk about conflict of interest; we make the rules, we set the penalty for breaking them. I wasn't actually proposing that we put people on trial for how good or bad they drive.

Ticketing people for actually doing something wrong is one thing, ticketing them for their supposed potential to do something wrong is just ridiculous.

Let's see, he's not weaving, he's not speeding, he's not cutting people off, he's not crossing double yellows, he's yielding to pedestrians, he's signaling for lane changes and turns, he's not tailgating, he's not stomping on the brakes, he's not blowing through stop signs...Oh but wait he's on his cell phone! Well that's just dangerous! We better give that idiot a ticket so he learns his lesson about driving safe.

So what you are saying is that tony is a super awsome, above average mutitasking driver who need a handicap to bring him down to the level of all the other drivers, the point that you are a safer driver without distractions is not moot, you can KILL someone with your car, you wouldn't walk around with your safety switch on your gun off even though you could probable go your entire life without shooting someone.

I guess the difference of opinion on this particular law lies in the fact that you think talking while driving is comparable to wielding a firearm with the safety off. :blink:

Like I said before, you can kill someone with your car whether you're multitasking or not, but you don't see cars getting outlawed altogether and I don't see you taking the train. Sharks can kill people, are you afraid to go to the beach? Should we fence them off to prevent people from falling in? If every minor risk in life were outlawed then it would be illegal to be alive.

Edited by getoffmyinternet