HybridZ

MS2 Injectors drivers might stay on after shutdown?

Challenger

So I was reading through the megamanual and noticed that they said..

"You must use a "main relay' that supplies both the injectors and your MegaSquirt® controller, as shown in the external wiring diagram above. When your MegaSquirt® controller shuts down, the injector driver states are 'indeterminate' and might allow current to flow through the injectors. Thus the injectors might stay open and flood the engine if the MegaSquirt® controller isn't powered but the injectors are powered."

Right now the wiring is set up to have the power to the ECU come from the battery (to minimize noise) through a toggle switch and relay. The injectors are getting power from the stock harness and dropping resistors, I just ran the original grounding wires to the db37. Given what it says above I think there may be a problem in the event I shut down the car and fuel continues to flow...

Has anyone had problems like this and what would be the reccomendations for changing wiring?

Car is a 78 280z, I dont have the ECU yet, I am finishing the wiring first before I buy it.

Thanks