HybridZ

SAD DAY FOR MY R33 (RIP) GOOD NEWS FOR MY 240Z... NEED SOME ADVISE

Zeeyah

Well it has been crazy day for me today since my brother just wrecked my R33GTS-T with only 37,000 kilometers... A preventable accident but good thing he did not get hurt at all (except his pride). I have couple issues prior for me to get all the required parts to execute the swap:

1. Wiring:

My car is a GTS-T with Auto tranny and will be swapping a 5 spd when I drop her in. Thinking about just buying a whole brand new sets of wires from: http://wiringspecialties.com/r33rbtoanyda.html

Anyone of you guys familiar or once dealt with them? Ive been reading all the good articles about the splicing and I can tap the stock ECUs to make it work, but just checking my other options.

2. FREDDY INTAKE MANIFOLD:

Kinda silly question but any feedback on these?

3. DRIVESHAFT/MOUNTS

Any good source to get it other than Mckinney?

4. LEGAL ISSUES

I'm currently stationed in Japan, and I had my Z shipped from the states when I PCS'd. Im due to stay here for another 3 years but planning on going back to the states after that to finish my career. Will this be an issue when I take her back there since RBs never made it out on the market?

Thanks!

-Sal

1. Haven't heard of them personally so idk

2. Many people have success with them but sometimes they require resurfacing and stuff to work right.

3. Other source these days would be either 200zr mounts since your in Japan and may be able to locate them or custom.

4. Shouldn't have any legal issues bringing it back to the states.

Can you help us get parts? lol

Wiring specialities is big on the NICO forums. Search there. I have seen a harness or two from them, they look good. I think the 25 guys can get new harness while us 26 guys have to have the wiring service (modified stock).