HybridZ

Wiring Harness 78 Z Question

jhan66z

I have a 78 that the harness was unhooked for engine removal. I picked up the car to complete turbo upgrade. None of the harness is hooked up and it is proving difficult to remove. Since I am going to put in the ZX harness, would it be wise to just cut the engine harness to ease removal? Nothing is hooked up or labeled, in fact, all of the sensors are not even present. I have searched the posting and found lots of information but not a situation like this. I am sure many have found themselves in this same situation. Thanks in advance.

A little more information might be helpful... If you're talking about installing an L28ET ECCS engine into a Z that had an L28E EFI engine: You won't use any part of the stock harness for the L28ET. If you don't need or want it otherwise, if no one else needs or wants it otherwise, do whatever you want to it. Won't affect the swap...

I don't remember it being that difficult to remove the EFI engine harness. We still have the EFI harness from my Son's '76 280Z completely intact. We turbo swapped his 4 1/2 years ago. Still have never found a use for the harness, but there it is...