HybridZ

What's required for swapping from auto to 5spd on the engine?

Ptero

Engine going in the car has an automatic transmission and the car it's going into currently has a 5spd.

I suppose I'll need to change over to the turbo clutch/flywheel.

Anything else needed for the swap? I read somewhere about a spacer that needs to be removed as well but I can't seem to find that thread.

That spacer is on the end of the crank. After you remove the flex plat, just tap it remove it, it not tight. Maybe a1/4" thick. You'll see it. You will also need a pilot bushing to go in the end of the crank. That should be it. You can use the flywheel and clutch you already have with the 5 speed.

OH! You also may need the six flywheel/crank bolts from a manual car. They are longer I'm pretty sure due to the thinner flex plate on the auto. Anyone else confirm this? If you have the ones from your current engine, use those.

Good luck!

Edited by z240

Besides what z240 already said,

Be sure to put the manual transmission spacer plate on so you won't have the automatic 2 piece spacer. Pretty sure I had to use different bell housing bolts. I can't remember if they were longer or shorter, it's been several years. Good luck

Bryce