HybridZ

RB25 Suddenly Stalling Off Idle

ESoda

I just got my rb25 tuned last week on Nistune and it was running awesome the 3 times I drove it, I was working on trying to get the speedometer on the cluster working(not sure if its related or not) and now I am having a major staling issue. When i put it in gear and try to go it just stalls. My wideband is showing it is loosing all fuel and going off the charts lean when I try to go. In nistune at idle the speedometer is showing i'm going 148 and when I rev the car that goes up, I cant remember if it did this before or not, and im not sure what effect that has. Any input would be great because im stumped as it was running perfect since it got tuned and now i cant even move the car. Let me know if a video will help and ill take one.

Not being familiar with nistune but are any of your trims or anything calculated on vehicle speed? maybe unhook the VSS and see if it goes back to normal?

I tried disconnecting the speed sensor and it does not change the speed display in Nistune, and it still doesn't run so I am not sure how Nistune is calculating speed. I am going through and replacing all of the rubber fuel lines thinking maybe there is a blockage or something, I did find that the vent had a block, it also seems to have a check valve in it as air will only blow one way. I also just replaced the fuel filter and am going to put it back together today and see if any of that helps.

Sounds like the ecu is cutting fuel to limit the rev based on what it thinks your speed is, as it's programmed to do. Either there is a wiring issue for the speed sensor going into the ecu or it's an internal problem. The ecu doesn't need the speed input to run anyway so just clip that wire on the ecu plug itself to rule out the chassis wiring.

I doubt nistune does any calculations for speed since it just relies on the vss input, there's no way for it to know what gear you're in and like I said the car's speed doesn't affect engine trim.

Edited by getoffmyinternet