HybridZ

Oil Cooler on 280zxt swap

I bought a 280zx turbo oil cooler after the fact, and couldnt figure out how to get it to work the way i wanted, so i ended up buing the generic heavy duty one you can get from O'Reillys.. works just fine, however i had to buy an extra 30 dollars worth of fittings to switch the M18-1.5 Outlet and inlet threads to a 3/8NPT to run a hose barb...

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/94061-78z-l28et-ms2-edis-holset-swap/page__view__findpost__p__886131__fromsearch__1

I used it. Look at the pictures in the above thread. I went and had two tubes with crimped ends made to length and then screwed it all together. Worked out nicely.

Edited by Challenger

An oil cooler is really recommended with a thermostat, especially with TX heat and traffic.

I would shy away from using some old junk yard cooler and buy something brand new, there are lots of great choices from Permacool, Summit Racing etc for relatively little money. You will spend some money on fittings \ hoses and fabricating some brackets to make it look neat and mount it securely. To make it easier go with brass push lok NPT fittings and push lok compatible rubber hoses.

Regards - Yasin