HybridZ

Water Temperature Sensor Install

It is two pieces and cant seem to find a way for it to not leak. Original one was one piece but now the two pieces have a good quarter inch of play. Someone please help so I can start this tommorow

Well seems like I need one of these http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_DATZ_Wat-Temp-Send.html. Think I can jb weld the sensor to the nut for now or will that mess with the readings? I am leaving soon and wont be back home for a couple months so ordering in the mail is something I dont want to do.

I decided to put a ring of jb weld inside of the retaining nut near the outer edge. This should leave enough of the sleeve to provide a good ground for the sender. The weld appeared to make a good seal but what do you all think. I also purchased the jtr adapter to put on when it comes for extra insurance. Jb weld is an insulator anyways so I think I should be fine.

temp.bmp

yes that is how it works but the adapter is in the mail. But I need to get going on this car before I leave and did the above process to have it temporarily work. then I will screw on the adapter. But I later began to wonder if the jb weld will tamper with the ground to the block. I believe I will be fine and can use the temp at which my fans turn on as a guideline as to if it is working or not.