HybridZ

l28et ms2 3.0

MrCleburn

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have read for awhile. I recently bought a 240z with a l28et in it with ms2 v3.0 It starts and idles fairly easy but is pig rich and then goes lean when u drive it. I want to tune it myself but don't have the current tune files. Will tunerstudio automatically detect my current settings once I get it to communicate with my laptop, or should I just restart using a base tune? I could try to get the files from the PO if he still has them. I am ready for this local club meet on the 12th I have alot of questions lol!

-Pat

Hook it up and TS should open what's in the ecu. If it asks you if you want to load the changes, click NO, it will likely try to load the difference between what's in the ecu and the last msq you opened.

Make sure you have a project setup properly with the correct code version, O2, etc

Edited by letitsnow

I took her out for a drive tonight. When the car gets up towards normal operating temp the valve cover gasket is leaking. Its a brand new gasket but I don't think it has any silicone or anything on it. Its just enough oil to burn and give a smell to where I don't want to drive it anymore. I hooked up my laptop to the MS and nothing happened. My laptop tried to install drivers for it and I just turned it back off cause theres no wireless outside to download anything. Pissing me off I can't drive it like I want to, I haven't even got to feel boost yet. Hopefully on the 12th when I go to the meet someone will help me. If not im about to just quit my job so I can work on it. I tried to quit a week ago and they gave me a promotion.

Also my fuel pressure gauge on my fuel rail is sitting at about 45 psi isn't that a little high? I know it sounds ridiculous how loud my a1000 fuel pump is, I can hardly hear the radio.

-Pat

Youre going to need the ini file for the firmware youre running. Hopefully its fairly new firmware or there is an ini file for you floating around. I had this problem and ended up reflashing code and losing my tune. If you can, I would definitely get any files the PO has on his computer. I would just drag the whole megasquirt file from his local drive and his tunerstudio projects file usually located in the documents folder. Good luck!

I downloaded the latest version of tunerstudio on my laptop but when I plug it in it still says it needs to download drivers. I am about to just buy a new laptop just for the car. My ethernet port was ripped out by me or my niece and it doesn't work, and I don't have wireless net. Ill have the whole weekend to work on the car (weather permitting) so I hope I can get it to recognize everything and I can just run vea for awhile to where I can actually drive it to work or SOMEWHERE!

Also I drove at night and the headlights in the car are horrible. The PO installed some blue HID or something but they are not bright past 10 feet at all. Might just not be adjusted right but in any case I think they should be way brighter. He said he installed the relays for them and everything maybe wrong watt bulb in there or something? I have 2 extra sets of headlights so im not really worried about it I just liked the way they looked at night.

-Pat

First pic kinda shows my headlights to give you an idea of what I got. Second one is eye candy of my buddies cars :)

post-25618-080089700 1325731589_thumb.jpg

post-25618-055068400 1325731664_thumb.jpg