HybridZ

Need help with stage 1 suspension and lowering

I have read the FAQ on the stages of the suspension and I am going for Stage 1. I drive the car on the freeway mostly and never see a track.

I bought my 280z with cut stock springs that rub the wheels all the time so I want to do things right. The car is on 15x8 wheels and really low. I want the car lowered but not slammed. I have been reading about strut sectioning but I am not sure i need it because my car never had a stock suspension before so I can't compare.

So in the FAQ, it gave us the stages but pictures would have been helpful. I am worried that I will spend $500 and then realize I should have spent the extra money on coilovers and be headache free since the height is adjustable.

Any suggestions?

Edited by dpuma8

Go coil overs 2.5 ID springs will clear almost anything and are worth the adjustability Ground Control makes a good kit for the Z. Call mark (530) 677 8600. Ask for spring/prising options tell him Ryan sent you.

post-18426-096177500 1326330885_thumb.jpg

post-18426-048616700 1326330896_thumb.jpg

post-18426-013615600 1326330908_thumb.jpg

Edited by surpip

it depends on the spasing of the wheels. too much negative offset you run into problems with your flares too much positive offset you have to worry about your suspention depends on how much offset your running and what width wheels. Flares and coilovers will let you run pritty mutch the widest wheel you would what to on a Z.

Offset explained at http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=101

Edited by surpip