HybridZ

AC delete/ Getting heater to work

mattausten23

I could not find what I need searching the forum so maybe someone can help me with my 1972 240z!

1. I want to keep my heater but is it possible to ditch the AC stuff under the dash while keeping a heater? All the under the hood stuff has been taken out already but I'm not sure what I can take out under the dash.

2. I'm still getting air and I assume its coming from the heater but it's not getting hot. It is however coming from the spots I want it to but why is it not heating up?

I just want to be safe and not mess things up more because my defroster works great, I just wish the car would get a little heat.

Thanks!

A/C and heater are two separate systems. Have you never had a car that didn't have A/C?

The heater and defroster are same system. If one is hot but the other isn't, then you have a ducting or control issue.

The heater and the fresh air vent are two separate systems. Air coming out the vent does not mean it is coming from the heater. The heater is not always on.

A/C and heater are two separate systems. Have you never had a car that didn't have A/C?

The heater and defroster are same system. If one is hot but the other isn't, then you have a ducting or control issue.

The heater and the fresh air vent are two separate systems. Air coming out the vent does not mean it is coming from the heater. The heater is not always on.

I've had ACs in all my cars, and I've never really attempted to take them out which is why I am asking this question. So the air coming from the defroster is from the heater, but the air coming from the vents to warm up the interior is not even though I have it on the heater setting? Could they both be a ducting of control issue? Do you know of the ac parts I can take off in the interior as well?

The air coming from the vents is directed either from ambient outside air, a/c, or the heater. If you set it to heater and the air coming out is ambient temp then either the ducting isn't coming from the right place or the control that is switching ducts isn't working properly. Check the bowden cables that go to the controls, often times they slip off and actuating the controls doesn't properly open the channels.