HybridZ

78zstyle's 78 280z

4"  is like 800hp territory. It's a bit excessive. But more importantly, it's hard to route under the car, no?

Also, you might want to get the turbine ceramic coated. There's a place in Arlington that does good work (so I've heard). Because that rust will come right back.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a new grant steering wheel today, and im trading my old headers for a t3 spacer and external waste gate.

It's slowly coming together, every paycheck I've been putting away a little money. Sometime next month I will most likely begin assembling the engine.. The big cost is going to be the ARP hardware and possibly a metal head gasket which brings me to this question:

I know a guy who works at a Nissan dealership and claims he can get me a genuine Nissan head gasket for the L28et. I freaking hate fel pro gaskets, do you think a Nissan HG can hold 15-20 psi reliably? This will be with ARP head studs.

I've had success on the VG30 with the Nissan ones, at 24psi it didn't leak. The head did when it split in half.

I dislike the idea of a MLS just because I'd rather pop a gasket than break ringlands. I think I might stick with a nissan hg.

Look for an Ishino head Gasket. These are basically OEM head gaskets from what I understand. Careful though because I ordered a turbo one recently that when it arrived was labeled Stone and was not anything like the Ishino one I had before.

• 2 weeks later...

Pics as promised:

It is actually way simpler than I thought to get the miata seats in. I just got one in because I still needed time to work on my motorcycle (four carbs suck).

I'll probably put the drivers seat in next weekend. They will have to come out again when I put in carpet. Plan is to have most of, if not all of the interior done by the end of summer. I want to put in a modest sound system, sound deadening, carpet, dash cap and a full gauge swap. Haven't decided which gauges I'm going to do, but I'm leaning towards Autometer Phantoms.

post-12955-0-19225300-1370794307_thumb.jpg

post-12955-0-02957500-1370794314_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

They are a very nice upgrade over stock and simple to install. Hug the shoulders nicely. Only recommendation is to add spacers to the back two posts because they sit like a bucket seat if you dont.

Also, im going to be buying some speedhut gauges soon, we will be twinsies.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, not a bad deal. Still don't like optisparks though.

Agreed, if (when) it goes out, I plan on doing a conversion for it.

Overall though, this has speed up the time line.

Still need a few odds and ends for it. Next plan is to look out for a WC t5 while putting my interior together.

Plans for interior:

Finish miata seats, carpet kit, msa speaker box in back, stereo + speakers, speedhut gauges (Maybe autometer).

Unless something happens, I should have it running and interior done before the end of this year. Probably sooner.

Edited by 78zstyle

Picked a rebuilt 95 corvette 4L60e with zero miles on it. Also got a new wiring harness as the one I was  given was one from a B body and had all this fuse block non sense on it.

Still need some odds and ends, but its coming together!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...