HybridZ

A Couple Simple Fuel Tank Question

jacob80

Hey guys,

So I put my tank under the knife this weekend and I cannot seem to figure out how in the world the fuel from the driver side baffle compartment reached the pick up tube in stock form? I'm currently working on installing an ATL Black Box, and I want to make sure I do this right. I plan to install trap doors in the following locations:

I am doing this so that the fuel from the passenger side of the tank will be able to reach my pump. Does this look like the right thing to do to you guys?

bafflez.jpg

Also, I used to only be able to fill my fuel tank up half way, and I assume this was a result of us not having the stock venting system implemented. I only have the one port on the top of the tank toward the back of the car (see picture below, it is the tube on the left hand side on the top of the tank) to vent. Should I try to run a tube from this spot to the filler neck and call it good, or is there more involved here? All other ports are unavailable (either used or closed off).

DSCF0139.JPG

Thanks guys!

If you look or feel the bottom of the septum, you will see/feel a small space between it and the bottom of the tank. The fuel will flow through this small space.

I haven't set up my venting system, with only using the upper vent yet, but it is what I plan to do with mine, and can't foresee any problems, based on previous (non-S30) fuel fillers I've set-up.

• 1 month later...