HybridZ

The ever tiring alternator question

Ok guys, I know this topic has been beat to death and finding a clear cut answer with the search engine has beaten me to death too. Here goes. Im running a 96 LT1 in my 280Z. Im going carbureated. I only want to use the crank and the alternator. Im using a electric water pump so thats no big deal. My question is, has anyone found a bracket that will work on a 280Z that will allow you to run an alternator/crank pulley only? God I hope so. Im dead set on a carb setup because A) Its a lot neater in the engine bay. B) Ive already got everything to do it (carb, intake mani, dizzy, and opti hole plug and so on). Thank you so much. BTW HYBRIDZ ROCKS

Ok guys, I know this topic has been beat to death and finding a clear cut answer with the search engine has beaten me to death too. Here goes. Im running a 96 LT1 in my 280Z. Im going carbureated. I only want to use the crank and the alternator. Im using a electric water pump so thats no big deal. My question is, has anyone found a bracket that will work on a 280Z that will allow you to run an alternator/crank pulley only? God I hope so. Im dead set on a carb setup because A) Its a lot neater in the engine bay. B) Ive already got everything to do it (carb, intake mani, dizzy, and opti hole plug and so on). Thank you so much. BTW HYBRIDZ ROCKS

I got a billet part from Summit. some thing like PSR or the like i can't remember right now the exact name.

but it was a quality part and worked with my electric water pump with a little modification.

I'll be going to the car storage later to get the Z out and look for a name on the part if you like.

• 6 months later...

I ran with just an alternator for a while. To do it I fabbed a bracket that included 2 pulleys to delete the AC and PS. Later I installed power steering so I wacked off the PS delete part of the bracket so now it's just an AC delete setup.

At the time I installed the first setup I got grief because it wasn't a pretty chromed/billet part but the car is a race car so I really didn't care that it wasn't "pretty".

Here is a picture of the original setup.

serpentine1.jpg

• 1 month later...