HybridZ

What turbo to put on an LD28?

buddabeast

Hello.

I want to source the right turbo for my LD28, I think a T3/T04E might be a bit extreme for this low-mid boost application.

I would look to run 5-10psi atleast for a start.

It's a low RPM beast so maybe a <0.5 A/R turbine housing would suit??

What do the L20et's use as their stock turbo? Or RBdet's for that matter?

Any help would be appreciated.

I also fail to understand how a T3/T4 hybrid can be so powerful but a basic T3 or T4 not so much?

I am planning to use the exhaust manifold from a L20et

Thanks.

L20ET has the same turbo (for all I could tell comparing A/R numbers and Center cartridge) as the LD28T, save for the intake manifold connection, which only matters if you have an LD28T intake manifold (and finding that, I figure you wouldn't be asking about the turbo, soooo...)

The hotdogs A/R is 0.48 with what appears to be the same Air Compression side as the L20ET and L28ET.

Pics? I've worked on many nissan forklifts and ordered parts for them and I don't remember seeing any turbos attached to LD28s either in real life or on the microfiche.

The only LD28s with turbos I have seen were some marine conversions and a couple of conversions done for industrial pumps.

As far as turbo choice?

Mercedes runs a 45 trim T3 on a 3 liter 5 cylinder om617 engine.

Many volvos and saabs used 45 trim T3s and I see them everywhere at the junkyards.

Edited by HowlerMonkey

As has been said many times before: Because you never saw it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

The Intake Manifold is in the Microfiche, just need the right one, the guys out in Ceres were selling them for a while...complete engines. Nissan marketed them for Generator Sets as well. The brochure has been posted here before as well.

I think Frank 280ZX posted photos of the Laurel Application some looooong time ago.

If I can get to Nissan Shanghai, probably. But I doubt I will have the time this week with the full training schedule.

It's a Non-US option, you could work for 40 years on Nissans in the USA and never see one.

Japan, Australia, Europe....No big thang. There is where you need to use the parts books from! Like mentioned, Patrol 4x4.

Now I must attend to Ms. Zhong... B)

There are all stock factory LD28T's showing up on the odd occasion in NZ... Just because they don't happen in the US of A, doesn't mean they belong in fantasyland with the tooth fairy...

Edit: Heh, Snap Tony, you beat me to it, must have posted while I was off shuffling my vacation pictures of Guilin and Yangshuo leaving the HBZ windows open and unattended...

Hows Shangers? Pretty damp and miserable down here in Guangxi.

Edited by kiwi303

It's damp as hell here as well, the papers for the checklists we were using turned to mush out on the factory floor.

Even the guys in the New Zealand Forums don't live in Europe where the Turbo Laurel was running around. :rolleyes:

How does this further his question (which I already answered I think) about which turbo he needs to select?

I have seen a STOCK, FACTORY FITTED LD28T in an early 80's MQ model Patrol...

Nearly bought the sucker too, but ended with an '88 Isuzu Bighorn with the 4JB1-T 2.8L 4cyl instead, more room in the back and the tyres were newer.

Never seen the laurel ones, but the Patrols exist, and in factory form.

Enough already, if you don't believe, get a plane ticket and go look outside the US for them... they do say travel broadens the mind!