HybridZ

Need help 38mm wastegate

jhill

So I bought a 38mm wastegate from ebay that came with no instructions and a bag of random hardware. And well, I cant figure out how it all goes together and I really dont want to play around witha possible over boost situation. So maybe somebody on here has one of these? or at least someone with some more external wastegate experience could point me in the right direction as to how to set it up.

It has 2 ports on the top and on the side and it came with the hardware in the picture.

Thanks guys

post-4865-032511000 1328232834_thumb.jpg

post-4865-023963700 1328232850_thumb.jpg

post-4865-022439300 1328232860_thumb.jpg

So I bought a 38mm wastegate from ebay that came with no instructions and a bag of random hardware. And well, I cant figure out how it all goes together and I really dont want to play around witha possible over boost situation. So maybe somebody on here has one of these? or at least someone with some more external wastegate experience could point me in the right direction as to how to set it up.

It has 2 ports on the top and on the side and it came with the hardware in the picture.

Thanks guys

From a look at your waste gate, the hole in the middle top, with the threaded shaft is to change the spring pressure / tension, I don't have one like this, but I believe it's to change it's operating pressure,

connect your turbo to the hole at the bottom ( closest to the flange ),

if you have a boost controller ( electric ), this would use both holes ( top / bottom )

Nigel

From a look at your waste gate, the hole in the middle top, with the threaded shaft is to change the spring pressure / tension, I don't have one like this, but I believe it's to change it's operating pressure,

connect your turbo to the hole at the bottom ( closest to the flange ),

if you have a boost controller ( electric ), this would use both holes ( top / bottom )

Nigel

It depends on how the boost controller is designed, whether it would use both or one port.