HybridZ

How much power is actually needed?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not too worried about breaking anything. Sudden power increases tend to break things, like tq. The custom cam I am having ground will have a very very flat tq/hp curve. Also because it is a smaller motor it will run better with it setup that way at idle. I am running a higher lsa and icl.

• 2 months later...

to give you an idea of power to run 11's, i can run a pretty consistent 11.5 at 120 ( pegged out on the rev limiter in 3rd) 3.7 lsd r200 on pump gas on 6 psi of boost on my very mild 350 and th350 trans with sloppy stall (4000 stall blowing through to 5k under full power). I figure the motor makes an honest 300hp, and close to 420hp on 6 psi it has a mild cam ported 487 casting heads, flat top pistons and holley strip intake. twin t3/t4 setup. This is not a very efficient setup. The car would go much faster with a smaller stall and longer gear. If you had an honest 450hp with the correct gear ratio / tire choice / stall it would go mid to low 11's, street tires? probably not. heres a vide of an 11.7 pass the other weekend.

Edited by ttsbc280z