HybridZ

225 or 240MM clutch for S30 Turbo Swap

Ben's Z

I have read a few posts about using the non turbo 225mm clutch in turbo apps. My goal for HP when done is 250-270rwhp, using my stock 77 5 speed. FMIC, Manual Boost Controller, Rising Rate FPR, Walbro will be the mods. I am in the aftermarket parts business, so I try to use my customers for buying my parts. I was looking at an Exedy Organic Stage 1 or Stage 2 Clutch with an aluminum flywheel, however I am limited in being able to get those through my distributors. 225mm clutch kits are much more widely available. Will one of these work and will they last with my power mods? What is this I see about using only 6 bolt holes because 9 will not line up?

I'm using a 225mm clutch on my Turbo L28 in my S30, with a 5-speed. I have been for about 3 or 4 years now. I am using a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch. It's been great.

The Centerforce DF looks promising. What sort of power do you have? I'm researching the same clutch question.

*If you don't mind my asking*