HybridZ

New Z owner

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well, I plan to drive the car around daily for a few months or so fixing up the drive train and suspension, leaving the engine alone. While I am fixing it up i'll be putting away some money here and there for a 302 or 351 V-8. I hope to have the V-8 and everything in by the end of the year.

And by the way I would be able to show some pictures of it on Sunday, that is if someone can tel me how to post them in the forums.

------------------

"Anyone who is not shocked by quatum theory does not understand it."

Niels Bohr

Guest Anonymous

From what I've read, the only 280z's to have the T5 were the late '70's early 80's 280ZX turbos. The 5 speeds found in earlier Datsuns were a Japanese design. But I could be wrong.

Well I'm glad to hear you found a car!

The t-5's only came on the 1983 280zx Turbos. Likely you have a 5 speed from the 75-82 years, because they were a lot more numerous!

As for posting pictures, you can simply use html code. You need to find a host online for your picture. (same as a webpage) Then all you have to do is use the html code for inserting a picture:

picture.jpg

Like that, except you'd use <> brackets, instead of [] brackets.

------------------

Richard Lewis

drax2.gif

Guest Anonymous

Hey, hey I just bought a Z.

It's a 1974 260z, I got it for $1000. The car was in Mill Bay. It has a 5-speed manual, new brakes, little rust, new tires, new blue paint, and runs good.

And by the way what year of Z's have T-5 manuals, because the guy said the car used to be a 4 speed, and he changed over from another datsun.

Thanks