HybridZ

WTB early (70-early 71) driveshaft

2eighTZ4me

For a 240SX tranny swap. Driveshaft is 50mm shorter than the later 240 shaft. Measures 23 3/4" from the shoulder to shoulder of each U joint....not center to center of the Ujoint, but from the top of the holder ring. Can provide a drawing if unsure. Thanks!

Edited by 2eighTZ4me

For a 240SX tranny swap. Driveshaft is 50mm shorter than the later 240 shaft. Measures 23 3/4" from the shoulder to shoulder of each U joint....not center to center of the Ujoint, but from the top of the holder ring. Can provide a drawing if unsure. Thanks!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/2825822149.html

This guy in san jose is selling his 71 driveshaft. Not sure if it fits your description but you can verify with him. I bought it for $30, and he took a return when the flange didn't fit on my R200. Very nice guy, i think it measured somewhere along the lines of 28-29 inches in total length.

• 2 weeks later...

All - my mistake. The shaft should measure +/- 28" from tip to tip of the whole shaft. Yokes included. The latter shaft will be around 29 3/4" from tip to tip. I need the shorter 28" one. My bad - and another thanks to Nigel's post on Motortopia about the 240SX swap.

I have the early 71 driveshaft in my hot hands! ... measured roughly 28".... confirmed ... sent you a pm with pictures :)

Regards,

Blue

Edited by Blue