HybridZ

steering wheel hub adapter

Zkid

ok so i bought an aftermarket steering wheel for my car and i cant find a hub adapter for an 82 280zx anywhere so i was just wondering if there was a special place to buy one? iv checked everywhere online and local and non local, or if just any 6 bolt hub adapter should work? as long as the center of the hub adapter fits the steering column shouldn't any 6 bolt adapter work? if you know how to get one or how to make one work please reply thank you in advance

momo, nardi, ect....

iv looked at momo and all that but when i put in my 82 280zx it says they dont have one that will fit, so i was just wondering if it would fit anyway and they just dont have it shown that it will fit my car? so if i just buy a 6 bolt hub adapter from momo it would work?

I know that you can have 3 holes, 5 holes, or 6 holes on 2 different spacings on the steering wheel side.

The Datsun tapered spline adapter is not uncommon. The major steering wheel manufacturers have them to fit their wheels.

Many folks have welded adapters onto their column shaft for quick release hubs.

The wheel (usually) needs to be smaller dia., lower, and closer to the driver when seated in a race seat and harness.

You can't just buy a random one and put it on. The spline has to match. Momo makes one for the 240Z, so they probably have one for the ZX. You also have to figure out If the bolt pattern of the hub adaptor is the same as your steering wheel. If not, you need a spacer.

yah i have the 6 hole steering wheel i think i found an adapter its made by momo and they say it will fit the 280zx and its a 6 hole adapter so im gonna get it and see how it goes

• 8 months later...