HybridZ

MM 240SX rear brake package instructions

Does anybody have the install instructions for the Modern Motorsports rear brake package alluded to in this old post?

From ancient times

I sent an e-mail to Ross through the MM website last week, but no response so far. I have searched and found a couple of work-arounds for the SS brake lines, but the photo links are broken. The two fine on-line builds are quite clear on everything except the brake lines. I'm not a rocket scientist and the brakes are not a system where I want to wing it (bad things seem to happen when I do that).

Pegasus Racing has what you need.

Thanks and I was prepared to go that route except I had the MM lines already. Ross got back to me and having the install instructions make all the difference. For anyone searching this in the future because of missing instructions:

Modern Motorsports Rear CNC Custom Stainless DOT line install.

The longer line is the passenger side line and goes direct from the caliper to the T fitting junction under your car.

You need one additional 20" long male male metric M10x1.0 Japanese (not Euro) hard line , not included, ~$3 or so and a stocked item at any auto parts shop, this is installed on drivers side into the T junction and then to the shorter supplied braided line and then direct to the caliper.  Do not snug down your outer line clamps near edge of inner fenderwell until you have the caliper and brake line all mounted up as you'll find the angle of the brake line/outer clamp will find it's own comfortable geometry and can then be snugged up.  The 20" hardline item is not included as it would require a much larger shipping box for which the extra shipping volume etc would incur costs far greater than the cheap and easily available parts costs.

As well, swapping ebrake cables left to right and right to left improves your geometry.

• 11 months later...

Thanks and I was prepared to go that route except I had the MM lines already. Ross got back to me and having the install instructions make all the difference. For anyone searching this in the future because of missing instructions:

Modern Motorsports Rear CNC Custom Stainless DOT line install.

The longer line is the passenger side line and goes direct from the caliper to the T fitting junction under your car.

You need one additional 20" long male male metric M10x1.0 Japanese (not Euro) hard line , not included, ~$3 or so and a stocked item at any auto parts shop, this is installed on drivers side into the T junction and then to the shorter supplied braided line and then direct to the caliper.  Do not snug down your outer line clamps near edge of inner fenderwell until you have the caliper and brake line all mounted up as you'll find the angle of the brake line/outer clamp will find it's own comfortable geometry and can then be snugged up.  The 20" hardline item is not included as it would require a much larger shipping box for which the extra shipping volume etc would incur costs far greater than the cheap and easily available parts costs.

As well, swapping ebrake cables left to right and right to left improves your geometry.

Since it is so hard to get Ross's attention - I've been trying for ages to buy the brake lines from him - can you tell me how long the stainless steel braided lines are that he includes in his kit?  I'll just buy the right length ones from Classic Tube.