HybridZ

what efi harness for a 5L?

Guest scca

Okay, I'm confused! What's this stable thing you're talking about?

If aftermarket is what you want both Ford and now Painless make a Ford EFI harness. The Painless harness is supposed to combine several smaller harnesses into one BTW. That help?

I am using a harness from a 1993 5.0L mustang on my 1989 5.0L engine(the 1989 harness was damaged while trying to extract it from the twisted wreckage of the donor car). I have had no problems. The later harness is the same as the 1989 except for some of the relays.

Dan

OH...

my Z harness is MINT so not worried about it.

am looking for a 91-93 5L so i can get the small starter with the package...

on the hunt!

MIke

"supposedly" the 91 and newer 5L use a smaller starter than the 90 and older,

someone mentioned this before to me - cant remember who...

Mike

The new JC Whitney catalog came yesterday, all sorts of finds.... They now sell the painless harnesses EFI for 5.0 Ford $489.95 and Chevy LT1 $399.95 to 549.95

Also

brake rotors reduced 20% 300ZX rotors are $40 instead of $50. They don't advertise a specific brand name, but I ordered a set of rotors for my Explorer and when they came they were Bendix (Made in USA).

Also

Some nifty exhaust flexible couplings, not those corrugated steel pipes. They have a braided wire covering between 2 rigid ends. Not sure where they'll go but I think I need a pair.

Tevor - those couplings are often used on FWD cars. As th emotor rocks fore and aft they had to do something to hook up the exhaust to keep from snapping it off. Should be some OEM stuff out there you could use if you need them...