HybridZ

Mounting Schematics?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Does anyone have schematics or measurements for the relative location of the factory motor mounts? I am looking for the distance from the firewall and the space between the mounts to help engineer motor mounts and decide between a 302 short or long block.

Thanks!

Roamer, blueovalz (Terry) and alsil (Al), have pretty complete information on their cars--both are running Fords and have done the swap independently of each other. Look for a post of Al's and his link will be in there. For Terry's information, you'll have to go to Zhome and look for the info there. Hope this helps--otherwise email either of them and I'm sure they'll help you out.

I can measure the dimension if you wish, but I found that an engine plate attached to the block between the block and the timing chain cover, will come close enough to sitting over the OEM Z engine pedestals, that simple angle brakets would allow the mount. This use of the OEM engine mounts was predicated on my use of tires no larger that 215 widths (this was to allow the tires to be the weak link for traction, instead of the engine mounts. Also, I considered modifying the OEM Datsun mounts to be compression loading instead of tension loading on the left side (a safety measure to prevent mount from separating at the rubber) if I chose to go with larger tires out back.

Terry