HybridZ

5.0 T5 SWAP!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Just wondering what a 302 with t5 conversion into a 240 or 260 would cost. Have anyone of youu guys done it? How much did it cost? I will do it myself. I am most likely going to twinturbo it. Will a "Super Duty" T5 do the Job. Will the conversion with just the 302 and t5 in the 240 come in under 5 grand. Considering t5 with 302's are going for 2grand and a decent 240 for 2grand and 1 grand for and extra parts that might be needed. PLease provide estimates of what your conversions cost

If you do 90% of the fabrication yourself, I see it possible for the "1 grand" you propose. I had a already had the motor, so I paid $1100 for a new WC-T5 (I would use this only in a NA mode, not blown), and probably between 1 to 1.3 Kilo-bucks to be able to drive it. BUT, I went about things a little more "specialized" then needed to be, thus it most likely could have been done cheaper.

Terry icon_razz.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Does anyone know where I can get a set of mounts, a transmission crossmember, and any other brackets for the Ford 5.0 motor and the T-5.

Guest Anonymous

You'll have to fabricate them. Unfortunately, right now no one is making a bolt in kit for the Ford into a Z. Do a search in the archives of this forum for 'mounts' and see what you can find out, theres been a few examples of them as well as a few people who are now doing, or have just done Ford swaps.

Regards,

Lone

Guest scca

i'll be copying my mounts when i am done- in about 3 weeks,

i will be using the JTR hood latch .

you must relocate the steering rod with a extra heim to clear the headers.

i will have pics up in a week and a half. off to the caribbean/cuba for a week so not till i get back..