HybridZ

Possible: 17x10 Fronts w/ regular Zg?

I've searched and searched but unfortunately haven't been able to find an answer.

Looking to order new wheels here soon and was wondering if anybody has done 17x10's on the front under a regular sized Zg flare. The wheel's I'm thinking about are the XXR 526's, there's a thread on here about them as well, and I don't really want to run a staggered setup. I figure since they are going to need spacers anyway that if there is an offset that will work for the front I can get to it using correct spacers. So any opinions/options would be greatly appreciated.

Tire options I'm considering are 245/40r17 front and 255/40r17 rear or more likely 245/40r17 all the way around.

Thanks for the help.

Suspension will be s13 coils with stock LCAs for now. I'm not really opposed to cutting the front valence for clearance issues either.

ETA: getoffmyinternet, are you running the bamf flares?

Edited by Tx1021

Ok so does 245/40r17 on a 17x9 for the front and a 255/40r17 on a 17x10 for the rear sound like it would work well? I know each will have a little bit of stretch and I don't mind that.

I don't really want to go larger in the rear since the tires get taller as the width increases and I'm trying to stay at or under a 25 inch diameter, and the front will be a 24.7 inch tire as it is.

Mine are 17x9.5 and the tires seem to fit quite nicely on the rim. 17x9 should be fine though. The rim width won't make much difference though (assuming you have the appropriate offset) because the overall width of the tire is essentially the same either way.

If you don't want the tire to be taller, just get a lower aspect. 295/35 should be about the same diameter as 255/40 for example. I think 295 would fit much better on a 10" rim as well.

295 might be the limit. I know when I was looking for myself someone already had a thread about the widest tires they could fit under flares, it's gotta be here somewhere. I can only speculate because my 315s fit easily under the bamf which are supposedly 1-3/8" wider. Also, I have the stock suspension and no spacers needed. If you've got coilovers you should be able to tuck them in more.

I like them. They aren't amazing quality but zforce has stepped up his game since the initial complaints and the ones I got were pretty decent. I don't know if the regular flares have this problem, but when you mount them you kinda have to eyeball the crap out of them because they aren't quite symmetrical. Once they're on you can't really tell though. I get a lot of compliments and the rear looks pretty mean, not a sleeper anymore! :P

That said, 295 might actually seem small inside a bamf, you'd have to use 1" spacers at least. I don't know if you could go much larger than 245 in the front either. If you're looking for a matched set then the bamf probably aren't for you because the rears are significantly wider than the front and no size will look good under both. The zg seem to be close to the same width front and rear however, so you could run the same size all the way around. Some have gotten away with 255 in the front with zg but they have to do a little trimming and run pretty tight suspension if I remember correctly. I'd play it safe with 245s all around on a 9.5" rim. I suppose you could get an offset ideal for the front and put a half inch spacer or whatever in the rear so that you can rotate the tires without dismounting. My biggest oversight is that I got a staggered package with directional tires so I have to get them dismounted no matter what. Plus the wider tires revealed that I have an alignment issue on one side so my front right wears super unevenly. :/

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies and all of the help. I'm usually pretty decent at figuring stuff out for myself but I'm fairly lost when it comes to tires, offsets, flares, etc. on these z cars. Ideally I would like to run the same size wheel and tire combo on each corner.

EMWHYR0HEN is running 255's all the way around so I'm gonna pm him and see what was required besides a lot of cutting to the airdam to get this to work. If anything the 255 on a 10" wide wheel would probably help fit the tire under the flare.

Justin( zforce) was running these specs

-Fronts: 17x9.5" (0 offset / 5.25" backspace & for the fan boys who must know - 3.5" lip) with 275/40/ZR17 - BFGoodrich g-force T/A KD (extreme performance tires) (11" of total track width each)

-Rears: 17x10.5" (-12 offset / 5.27" backspace & for the fan boys who must know - 4.5" lip) with 315/35/ZR17 - BFGoodrich g-force T/A KD (extreme performance tires) (12.5" of total track width each)

He was using his own bamf flares, this thread has some pics of fitment. I don't know his suspension setup though.

http://www.zdriver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31284