HybridZ

Someone broke into my car

zero

So I left my car parked at my Mom's house in Newark, NJ for one night and it got broken into. There are some strange details about it that I was hoping to get some answers on.

First, they seem to have popped the drivers side lock with a screwdriver or something. That's pretty straightforward I guess.

IMG_3639.JPG

The strange thing is that both windows were down when I found the car. Now the drivers side makes a loud clunk halfway through it's travel and the passenger side won't go up at all.

I'm dealing with the insurance now, but I'm wondering a few things. The ignition doesn't seem like it's been tampered with at all. How did they get the windows down in the first place? If they simply forced them down into the car, why did they do both sides? Does anyone have any insight?

Your car should have the window function, that puts the windows down with the key remote. Im going to bet the door lock cylinder has that same function. So when they messed with door lock cylinder the windows went down.

Wiring may have been messed up if they used a slim jim to try to open the door.

JOKING. :P Come on ZERO, Read THE OWNERS MANUAL. lol Same function in my 97 Maxima. :D 1990's -2000 technology. Not 70's Technology. LOL Joking with ya.

I'm a Nissan Tech and You have no idea how many customers I get a week, who Don't or Won't read there Owners Manual. I Print the pages out for them to answer there questions. :blink: