HybridZ

Freshly Rebuilt BBF 390 for sale CHEAP!

RPMS

Hey, race fans!

Yesterday I bought a freshly rebuilt Chevy 350, still in the protective wrapping, from a warehouse that siezed it for unpaid freight charges from a rebuilder that recently went out of business. I offered them $450 for it, and judging by the speed with which they snapped up my offer, they would have taken even less.

While I was poking around their warehouse, I noticed that they also had a rebuilt Ford 390, still in the crate. I'm fairly sure that you could get it for the same price (or less) than I paid for my 350. If you're in the D/FW area and you're interested, e-mail me and I'll give you all the pertinent information. Shoot, at this price, you could probably ship it anywhere in the country and still be ahead...

Guest Anonymous

Nah, old school motor. FE series motor (used in Fords big cars in the early 60's) 332 - 428 inch, big, heavy, great for a big car or truck (or even in a light car like a late 60's mustang), low revs, quite a lot of torque.

Lone

Guest Anonymous

Without moving it past the stock firewall I'm not sure it would fit. And it is heavy. Something on the order of 660 lbs. If I were going to put in a FE series into the Z it would be a 427 like the cobra had and it would require MAJOR firewall and chassis mods. The 390 makes alot of torque (Nearly 400 ft/lbs if I were guessing) but is only rated at like around 330 hp (depending on the model, a few were higher) It can be pumped up to nearly 500 hp using the Edelbrock RPM system, but it is so expensive to do that there are countless better options available with all the stroked 302's and 351 combinations available now. I don't think I'd put a stock 390 in the Z though, same powers available with the 350 Chevy or 302/351 Ford without even leaning on them very much IMHO.

Regards,

Lone

[ June 06, 2001: Message edited by: lonehdrider ]