HybridZ

Good Price for 90 Mustang GT Drivetrain?

While I was out making sales calls I stopped at one of my local wrecking yards and talked with the owner for sometime. Come to find out he has a 90 Mustang GT that he claims has fairly low miles (60-80k) It is a 5.0 with WCT5 he told me that I could have the complete engine/trans with computer and wiring harness for $1000. Is this a good price? Didn't the 90 Mustang GT's have Forged pistons?

Mark

[ June 07, 2001: Message edited by: Z-Dreamer ]

Guest scca

IF the miles are that and it is MINT its decent. i got mine similar as you stated but from a 91 with Mass air sensor complete with tranny, H pipe o2 sensors wiring etc.. for $700 with 80000 miles on it..

Forged pistons, MAF, that's a good year IMO. Might need rings maybe. Not sure the WC was stock though. Some claim that "all" T5s after a certain date were WCs but oddly enough i'm pretty sure that when you open up an aftermarket WC it's got different stuff in it so.... It ough tto be fine though icon_smile.gif $1K sounds like a steal to me!