HybridZ

YOUY GUYS WERE RIGHT

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I found out you guys are right, I read a mustang book today, it has flat top pistons and different heads. The guys in my home town scare me now, they dont know what there talking about. You guys seem to be the only ones I can trust on Fords. Now what do I do with this crappy motor? figures I would end up with the only really bad year 5.0

sorry for not trusting you guys

tony

As I see it, you have a few options.

1. You can sell the engine and try to find another.

2. You can install the engine, work out the bugs(fuel delivery, electrical, etc..) and later rebuild it with different pistons and heads.

Good Luck,

Dan

Guest JAMIE T

I agree with Dans second option, Run that baby. If you were to sell it I would say that you would get no more than $400-$500 for it. It would be a fine starting point for a rebuild in the future.

Good Luck

Jamie

Heh, just replied elswhere..

The block is just as good, the rods too I'll bet. Check the bore - does it need to be bored out? If not find out what a set of stock later model pistons would cost smile.gif then hunt aorund for the later model heads or the Explorer GT-40P heads. These are iron, flow like mad, but might be difficult to get headers for. They shouldn't be expensive at all.

Overall there's nothing wrong with that motor that heads and pistons won't fix. Cams are no biggie (shrug). It's not a complete piece of junk, it did make 200HP ya' know. It's just not as easy to build power with it due to some funky parts.

• 2 months later...
Guest tom sixbey

the gt40p's are hard to get headers for indeed - especially for the zcar... the only ones i know of that will even fit in a stang are some BBK (i think) long tubes... the straight plugs are what make it so hard...