HybridZ

whats needed for efi?

75zcar

I have a 75 280 that I have been peicing together. I found a 260 motor for the car. The problem is that I don't have any engine wiring, fuel or ignition setup. Or even an intake mani. I have located someone with a wrecked z willing to part it out (78? 280).

My question is what all do I need to get? This is the list I have came up with...

-intake manifold

-throtle body

-ecu

-fuel rail

-injectors

-fuel pump

I know there are things I'm forgetting which is why I am here. I have tried searching for a complete list with no luck. Any help would be great. I need to get this car moving under its own will in the first time in likely a decade.

Have you considered throwing some carbs on it? Another option is to build a Megasquirt setup, if you're starting from scratch anyway... Otherwise, if you dont have the FSM's and the Fuel Injection Bible, those have everything you would need.

Here's everything:post-12144-083073100 1330620558_thumb.png

Intake manifold, Throttle body, Injectors, Resisters for the injectors, To Run Megasquirt, Fuel pump, if yours is no good, a G.M. Intake airtemp sensor, 240sx Throttle position sensor or any mid 90's Nissan TPS Sensor, Wideband o2 sensor and gauge. You will have to decide if you want to use a Distributor or A Crank sensor of some type to get spark.

I don't know much about Megasquirt; I have a SDS system that I'm going to install once I get some money, so my (limited) knowledge on aftermarket EMS's is related to SDS. Based on that, you would probably need:

-Fuel pump

-FI intake mani/ fuel rail/ pressure regulator/ injectors

-Map sensor

-240sx or other potentiometer type throttle body

-IAT and Water Temp sensors

-Injector harness

Probably pretty similar for Megasquirt.