HybridZ

Im having trouble figuring out whats needed

I had been planning on a V8 Miata conversion but after seeing some 240z pics I think id rather have a z. That being said im having trouble figure out what all I would need and how hard everything would be to do. For the miata a couple companies sell kits that have everything you aside from a motor, tranny, and rear end so sourcing all the parts I need is pretty simple. The kit makes it a straight bolt on but the kit is somewhat pricey. Ive only seen one kit for the 240z and im not too clear on what all else I will need. Here is the kit I found. It looks like everything I need for bolting up the motor and tranny but what about the rear end and exhaust?

If there are any threads that explain what all you need a bit better feel free to just post some links instead of trying to explain it all. I just didnt see much when I was browsing around.

• 5 months later...

You really just need to spend a few days reading through the threads in the section of the forum..... you will find all the info you need. Then if you have any specific questions people will be happy to help. This forum is a more empower yourself type rather than a spoon feed type.

Here are two good threads to get you started:

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/57523-my-complete-ls1-install-documemtation-with-pics/

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/95937-78-datsun-280z-53-build/

good luck!

IMHO although the miata's are cool little cars I would rather have a Z in the garage any day of the week.