HybridZ

JCI Driveshaft length

I'm getting ready to measure for my driveshaft. I was just hoping someone could give me the measurement (center to center on U joints) of the JCI driveshaft, so i could make sure mine is close to that. (SHOULD be the same)

Thanks

Here's what I sent him when he made mine for my setup to compare. The left is the T56 and the right is my R200 flange. He said mine was right on with everybody else on that setup.

Definitely measure yours.

gallery_5196_1022_46380.jpg

I'm getting ready to measure for my driveshaft. I was just hoping someone could give me the measurement (center to center on U joints) of the JCI driveshaft, so i could make sure mine is close to that. (SHOULD be the same)

Thanks

Edited by Aero Z

I measured mine to be 24 3/8s from the tailhousing to the flange, with the splined shaft sticking out another 5/8 of an inch. I guess I got my motor further back than the JCI mounts put it. I just talked to John yesterday about ordering a driveshaft, really helpful guy I actually just emailed him measurements about 5 minutes ago. My flange matched up with the above diagram also, expect mine is rectangle shaped instead of round, but has the same bolt pattern and pilot diameter.

-Will

• 2 weeks later...

I just measured mine at 25 1/8" From pinion flange to tail housing

However, the guy that builds mine needs center on center u joint measurements.

So from the center of the pinion flange u joint to the center of the slip yoke (all the way in, and then 1" out) is 20 1/2" - Going to measure it again tonight to be sure.

Just adding to the knowledge pool

Edited by SUNNY Z