HybridZ

can anyone help me ..electrical problem...

I recently got a 71 240z from my uncle but it hasn't ran in a couple months. He said that it might be some wiring under the dash because he seen smoke coming out. I tried turning the car on but i noticed that no lights or any ticking sound comes on at all. The only thing that works is the hazard light. The engine does turn over if I have a wire from the starter to the battery. If anyone can help me please do and I appreciate all the help I can get. thank you

No offense my friend but your information is so vague you might as well ask how to get from here to there. Basically what you've said is you have a car that doesn't run.

Can you see any burned wires?

NewZed is definitely on the right track. If you look in pretty much any of your local papers or magazines, Harbor Freight is giving away digital multimeters with any purchase (coupon). I have three or four of them myself. That is your primary tool in troubleshooting any electrical problem. Get one and learn the basics of how to use it. People here will be happy to help you but you have to be able to give us a starting point.

No offense my friend but your information is so vague you might as well ask how to get from here to there. Basically what you've said is you have a car that doesn't run.

Can you see any burned wires?

NewZed is definitely on the right track. If you look in pretty much any of your local papers or magazines, Harbor Freight is giving away digital multimeters with any purchase (coupon). I have three or four of them myself. That is your primary tool in troubleshooting any electrical problem. Get one and learn the basics of how to use it. People here will be happy to help you but you have to be able to give us a starting point.

No worries I'm new to this so I'm learning as I go. Thanks for looking out and I'm going to check out Harbor Freight.