HybridZ

Stock Lap Belts/Shoulder Harness

catalak

Hello,

When I first bought my 73 Z, I had only the lap belts installed. Upon looking around the spare tires section, I found that the previous owner had took off the shoulder harnesses and stored them back there. I installed the shoulder harnesses to see what they looked liken fitment etc., and I have no idea how to get them working with the lap belt(s). The shoulder belts have a small 'hook' or peg on them where they connect to the lap belt, but the lap belts don't really have anything visible for me to attach the harnesses to... What am I missing? Again, i'm pretty sure this will be an easy answer, but pix are more than welcome! lol

Thank you in advance,

-Catalino

My '71 series 1 shoulder straps were anchored to the perimeter rail forming the roof. The other end, after passing over your left shoulder was attached to the stock lap belt by a "post" that was inserted into a hole in the metal "tongue" that is inserted into the clasp of the seat belt. If you have assembled heavy duty metal shelving, you have used the same attachment system. Take another closer look at the seat belt tongue. You should see a perforation shaped a little like an "i" with the dot being of a greater diameter. The stud is inserted into the top of the 'I" and locks in place when it is slid up.

Here is where a picture is worth 10,000 words. Sorry, I don't have one. It was simple, but not all that convenient.

G

My '71 series 1 shoulder straps were anchored to the perimeter rail forming the roof. The other end, after passing over your left shoulder was attached to the stock lap belt by a "post" that was inserted into a hole in the metal "tongue" that is inserted into the clasp of the seat belt. If you have assembled heavy duty metal shelving, you have used the same attachment system. Take another closer look at the seat belt tongue. You should see a perforation shaped a little like an "i" with the dot being of a greater diameter. The stud is inserted into the top of the 'I" and locks in place when it is slid up.

Here is where a picture is worth 10,000 words. Sorry, I don't have one. It was simple, but not all that convenient.

G

Thank you G! I located exactly what i was looking for, thanks to you.

-Cat

post-11802-047355800 1332226120_thumb.jpg