HybridZ

Car Classification

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

So this iks my question. I am interested in getting started in SCCA Club racing and Solo 1 racing. I have been Autocrossing the past year with my 87' CRX HF which isn't quite fast enough for me icon_smile.gif . SO what I am interested in doing is purchasing a datsun Z car of some type for fairly cheap and building it up for racing. I would like to know what classification the Z car is in for the Club racing and how haveing a V8 or a Turbo effects that. Also in you opinion how competetive would a Z car be? Well thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

club racing and solo are very different. different classes and all...

having a v8 Z makes it a SPO class and it would be tough to beat a 510! thats a true race car....with a v8 street car.

since your in seattle check out www.icscc.com as well its a local club for road racing.

buy a scca membership and then buy a GCR this is the general competition rules for car classifications.

not what i meant exactly.

if you are looking to have a competitive car with other to road race with you need to stay within the rules.

a Z cant have a v8 to have cars close to race with. with a v8 its racing against full tube frame transam cars- a z has no chance.

for solo same idea but maybe a bit more to race with in the unlimited mod class.

for road racing spec rx7 is good to start with or a ITS z or a ITA 510.

all depends on your bankroll to finance the car

I am running in the Florida State Autocross Championships this weekend. At my local region, I run in Street Mod(SM). At the FSAC this weekend, I'll have to run E Mod(EM). EM is an all out race class. I'm going to get anihilated by the competition, but it should be fun. The course is set-up on the Gainesville Raceway Road course, and has some long straights and sweepers(for an autocross at least).

In a few weeks, I hope to run a road course with some guys from the local Porsche club.