HybridZ

hood clearance

blueovalz

Guest Anonymous

Wow, two extremes! Both pretty trick, I've never seen a manifold that flat before on that one they claim as a sunbeam tiger manifold. Sure would help with hood clearance on a ford Z swap from the looks of it. That tall one looks pretty cool too, sort of between a tunnel ram and a regular type highrise.

Regards,

Lone

Definately from one extreme to the other. I too have never see a low profile manifold from the factory which is as low as that last manifold.

The second manifold may have been from a 289HiPo Falcon. MuscleCar Magazine did a special this last month (may have been last month) on the alledged HiPo 289 Falcaon.

Apparently all these years there were rumors that a HiPo 289 Falcon was mfg in very short numbers...but no one (no public expert-who claims to be an expert) had seen one at that time.

Turns out that HiPo 289 Falcons were made...in very small production numbers; but never in the USA, only in Canada. MuscleCar's article included a Restored 289HiPo still owned by its original owner...somewhere in Canada.

I'm not a Ford guy so I'm not sure where to look for the Ford emblem & Ford Part#'s; but I didnt see any on the second manifold...maybe an aftermarket unit(?).

That would be a nice intake for a SBF on someone's project, Its powerband would surely be in the 3500-4500rpm range. Its definately a conversational piece to be that old & still apparently in that good of condition as well as being so unique.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)