HybridZ

78 280z Getting a rb20

kidnotorius

Hello guys! Im excited to announce I'm finally getting around to doing a engine swap to my 280z. Ive had her for about a year, and have never got around to working on it. This is not going to be my first engine swap( first one that will be mine in the end :) )

From what I've been reading and dug up I think I've figured out the three main components to this one. 1. Slotting the existing mount brackets and using the existing motor mounts on the rb20, 2. Rear pan oil sump. and 3 The tranny mount off of the 280 z(not sure how this one works, but I haven't looked at it yet.

Am I correct? If not please let me know. It Isn't to important because I know the info is out there, just seeing if I can make it easier!

The picture of the z was the end of day one into the body work, and rust removal. now we are painting.

post-28451-035932700 1333100251_thumb.jpg

post-28451-026974400 1333100200_thumb.jpg

I'll try to find it later tonight. I can't find it on my phone. I hear you on the perimeter area. Crazy traffic, I used to live in east cobb (aka east snobb) between the people and a crazy ex girl friend I had to get the hell out of there lol